Bluebird Childcare Centre Has Been Rated Exceeding National Quality Standard in ALL 7 Quality Areas
Here at Bluebird Childcare we constantly strive to improve our service for the benefit of our families. We are so excited and proud to announce that this year we have been assessed by ACECQA and have have been awarded with EXCEEDING National Quality Standards in ALL 7 Quality Areas.
We could not do this without the help of our amazing team at Bluebird. Even though we have reached the pinnacle by ACECQA standards, we are still striving to improve what we do to make Bluebird your home away from home.
What Exactly Does ACECQA Assess?
ACECQA assesses 7 different quality areas to see if a childcare centre is working towards, meeting or exceeding those quality areas. Below are the 7 quality areas and the broad criteria.
Quality Area 1 – Educational program and practice
- An approved learning framework informs the development of a curriculum that enhances each child’s learning and development.
- Educators and co-ordinators are focused, active and reflective in designing and delivering the program for each child.
Quality Area 2 – Children’s health and safety
- Each child’s health is promoted.
- Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
- Each child is protected.
Quality Area 3 – Physical environment
- The design and location of the premises is appropriate for the operation of a service.
- The environment is inclusive, promotes competence, independent exploration and learning through play.
- The service takes an active role in caring for its environment and contributes to a sustainable future.
Quality Area 4 – Staffing arrangements
- Staffing arrangements enhance children’s learning and development and ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical.
Quality Area 5 – Relationships with children
- Respectful and equitable relationships are developed and maintained with each child.
- Each child is supported to build and maintain sensitive and responsive relationships with other children and adults.
Quality Area 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Respectful and supportive relationships with families are developed and maintained.
- Families are supported in their parenting role and their values and beliefs about childrearing are respected.
- The service collaborates with other organisations and service providers to enhance children’s learning and wellbeing.
Quality Area 7 – Leadership and service management
- Effective leadership promotes a positive organisational culture and builds a professional learning community.
- There is a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Administrative systems enable the effective management of a quality service.
To find out more about the ACECQA National Quality Standard visit their website at www.acecqa.gov.au